Friday, December 7, 2012

Game Drawings in Perspective Critique

My overall thought of the piece, well it wasn’t my favorite. It looked off all the time. I feel pretty good getting it done, but I felt that I could’ve done a little more. The colored pencils worked out ok, but the perspective of the overall sketch was terrible. It looks like my board is dent. I’m not really sure if I’d do this project again, but if I had to I would try and do a better job of drawing the lines to make it look a little more in perspective. The most difficult part about this piece was the water color, blending it, the washes, overlapping, the horizon, placing the vanishing points correctly and drawing the pieces. If one was off they all looked off. I learned its more difficult than it looks to draw a game board in perspective, but getting value, highlights, and shadows were probably the easiest part and the fastest.

No comments:

Post a Comment