Friday, September 7, 2012

Three dimensional drawing

I felt that this piece was challenging. Getting the shading and the shape to look three dimensional was tricky, but after a while it got a little bit easier. I feel like I’m a little bit of a better artist because of this project. It’s taught me a lot about shading and that lighting is a huge part of it. I was able to get the outline of the shape drawn, but getting it to look three dimensional was trickier then it looked. I’m also pretty sure I butchered the shading of the cube. If I did this project over again, I’m not sure what I would change. I kind of liked having the challenge of trying to make something turn out 3-D. The most difficult part about this piece was the last part. Yes, the shading of the shape was hard, but the hardest thing to do, I thought, was the shade the object would make if it was actually there, instead of being drawn on paper. This piece taught me that shading something will add dimension to it. If you just have the outline, the shape doesn’t look like its coming out of the picture. 

No comments:

Post a Comment